When we receive instructions from your physician, we will contact you, your loved ones or caregiver to begin planning your return home. We will work to recommend services and treatments that fit your individual situation and to ensure your transition from the hospital is as smooth as possible. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have during your stay with us.
Your discharge nurse can:
- Refer you and your family members in obtaining post-hospital care.
- Assess your need for services, equipment and supplies.
- Provide appropriate care referrals before discharge.
- Educate you about your illness and its impact on you and your loved ones.
- Give you information and referrals for community and financial resources.
- Provide information on advanced care planning and bereavement support for loved ones.
- The Discharge Planner is available to help and educate on Advanced Directives, Living Wills and Health Care Power of Attorney.